Profit every 10 minutes!" https://coin-farm.com/account/promo#:~:text=%3Ca%20href%3D%22https%3A//coin%2Dfarm.com/%3Fen%3Dhyam27%22%20target%3D%22_blank%22%3E%0A%3Cimg%20src%3D%22https%3A//coin%2Dfarm.com/images/promo/en/728x90.gif%22%0Aalt%3D%22Profit%20every%2010%20minutes!%22%3E%3C/a%3E

Finally, The Identity of the ‘Focused Kid’ is Revealed



Not often does a single meme capture the imagination of the whole nation. This ‘focused kid’ meme has peen posted and reposted thousands of times on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp and every other social media out there.

The descriptions on the meme are hilarious to say the least. We actually did a whole article yesterday.
I like these two best.


Today we can finally reveal who the mystery kid is.

His name is Jake Amo, a 4 year old living in the village of Asempanaye, Ghana.

Emmy award winning CBS Chicago photographer Carlos Cortes took the photo some time back, and he is not happy at how the internet has misrepresented it. Yesterday, he reposted this post by another Chicago based artist Solomon Adufah.

The Internet has a way of visually misrepresenting positive images and people often troll shedding negative light on priceless unique moments. In the past several weeks I’ve been receiving emails, texts and tags to speak upon this image which has turned into an Internet meme for people to make jokes off. I wish the positive aspect of this image will go viral instead of how it’s being portrayed as.
I understand it’s something I can’t control. I can only continue to positively impact the lives of people with my talent and purpose. Everyone Say Hi to my buddy Jake.
This was moments in Ghana during my Art workshop with the kids. Each kid received brand new set of crayons, pencil colors, pencils, toys and other wonderful goodies. The expressions on their faces were heartfelt. People often ask me why and how I’m able to continue helping children through my #HomelandGhana mission. The truth is, it’s never about me. There are 3 things that comes first before my talent. My faith in God, Purpose in Life and the People who inspire my work. To me, my work has no value without these three.
I’ve experienced first hand the impact just the little act of kindness can make in the lives of the less privileged. The amount of joy and happiness they have in their heart despite their living conditions speaks volume about their inner beauty. Jake was one of the children I taught in Ghana. He was always gentle and quiet.. Ever present in class and was eager to learn everyday. That’s what I loved about all the children. Their enthusiasm and high spirit was refreshing and encouraged me to continue helping them.
Solomon has started a GoFundMe project to raise $20,000 for Jake’s education and other children from his village.

Here’s the description.
*************************************
Lets Support Jake Amo
4 years old
He loves drawing
Thank you all for the  amazing support for my philantropic work. Lets support Jake and many other children in the village of Asempanaye, Koforidua. Ghana.
As an artist, I’m passionate about using my talent to help children. 
I was born and raised in Ghana, West Africa in a small rural village called Odumasi. Before we had lights in my village, I use to watch a small black and white TV set powered by my uncle’s car battery while trying to draw cartoon characters. I loved art because it was a wonderful way for me to express my inner joy and happiness.
I am a self taught artist. Art has always facinated me since childhood. I was always trying my ameteur skills and learning various styles of paintngs. 
Now being in the US, i’ve been privilege to have the best resources and opportunities with art. In my heart, I always knew there was a possible way to give back using my talent. I will be traveling back to Ghana to the village of Asempanaye to continue teaching the childre and need your help supporting Jake and others who are extremly eager to learn. 
I will be returnging back to Ghana in June to be with the Children.
Teaching art in Ghana will not only help provide supplies but will also provide kids ways to channel their inner joy and happiness as it did for me.
*************************************
If you are one of those asking about image royalties to the kid, this is your chance to help. Donate on gofundme.


Finally, The Identity of the ‘Focused Kid’ is Revealed Finally, The Identity of the ‘Focused Kid’ is Revealed Reviewed by on 10:53:00 AM Rating: 5

No comments: